MFPad gathers and keeps track of:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions made by You in order to receive Our electronic newsletter & marketing communication.
- Information MFPad gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout Our sites. This information allows Us to better tailor Our content to readers’ needs and to help Our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of Our audience. Because MFPad derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping Our service free to users. Under no circumstances does MFPad divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
MFPad gathers information about its users as follows:
OPTIONAL VOLUNTARY INFORMATION SUBMISSION
MFPad offers the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters & marketing communication. MFPad offers a free electronic newsletter & marketing communication to users. MFPad gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe to this service. At any time, users are free to remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter pointing the user to the subscription management page.
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without first requesting parental consent.
MFPad tracks user traffic patterns throughout its various sites. However, We do not correlate this information with specific data about individual users. MFPad does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (“MIME”) type by gathering such information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
MFPad sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms entered by users in Our Search function. However, this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of Our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps Us continue to improve Our services for Our users.
Our advertising system delivers a one-time cookie to improve tracking of advertisement impressions and click rates.
USE OF INFORMATION
MFPad uses information voluntarily submitted by Our users to enhance the user experience in Our network of sites, whether by providing interactive or personalized elements on the sites or by improving future content in response to the interests of Our users.
As stated above, We use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters & marketing communication. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regularly set schedule corresponding with the frequency of the particular publication, and occasionally send out special editions when We think subscribers might be particularly interested in something We are doing. MFPad never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners. We use tracking information to determine which areas of Our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps Us continue to build a better service for You. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests Our users. But We don’t track which terms a particular user enters. MFPad creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This enables Our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows Our users to receive advertisements that are tailored to their needs. Because We don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know which particular user clicked their advertisement.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
MFPad uses the above-described information to tailor Our content to suit Your needs and help Our advertisers better understand its audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping Our select services free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except in order to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of Our users or the public.
MFPad operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by Our customers.
Our sites contain links to other sites. MFPad is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- The option to not register to receive Our electronic newsletters & marketing communication; and
- The option to not participate in certain interactive areas, which completely obviates Our need to gather any personally identifiable information from Our users.
We will not share Your personal information except with a third party to assist Us in the processing or securing of Your personal information or when We are required by law unless We have given You notice and choice, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, or We must comply with a legal process served on Our web site. We may also need to give out Your information if one of Our partners requires it, but these situations are rare.
PERSONAL INFORMATION FOLLOWING TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
When Your MFPad account is cancelled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of Your personally identifiable information is placed in “deactivated” status within Our corresponding databases. However, You should know that deactivation of Your account does not mean Your personally identifiable information has been deleted from Our database entirely. We will retain and use Your personally identifiable information if necessary in order to resolve disputes or enforce Our agreements.
If You have questions or concerns regarding this statement, You can contact MFPad at support@MFPad. You can also write to Us at the following address:
MFPad Inc, dba MFPad
63-66 Hatton Gardens
London, England, EC1N 8LE